Everything was handled professionally and the knowledge and expertise of the staff were evident and extremely helpful. The interviews of the board and senior staff beforehand helped to instill confidence in Tom and really set the tone for the entire process.
- Tracy McFerrin Foster
- Board Chair, Kansas City Public Television
- Vice President, Hall Family Foundation
A consistent comment from our search committee members was the high quality of the semi-finalists...and the outstanding research and preparation provided by your professional team.
- Geoffrey Simon
- Search Chair
- WEDU-TV, Tampa, FL
Director, News & Public Affairs Content Development and Radio Operations & Programming
WSKG - Vestal, NY
WSKG Public Broadcasting seeks an individual to oversee all News & Public Affairs content development and News & Public Affairs programming on radio, television and the web, and to oversee Radio Operations & Programming in fulfillment of the station’s mission.
WSKG is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Overseeing all News & Public Affairs content development and programming for WSKG.
- Managing the News & Public Affairs Content Development Department staff.
- Working collaboratively with other Directors of Content Verticals* to achieve highest level of impact and return on all local content production.
- Overseeing radio programming in consultation with the other Content Vertical Directors.
- Overseeing News & Public Affairs Department and Radio Operations & Programming budgets.
- Maintaining consistent and high level of quality and style for all radio broadcasts.
- Ensuring that all radio content and airtime complies with FCC regulations and licensing requirements.
- Participating in WSKG fundraising activities.
- Professionally representing WSKG in the community.
- Hiring, evaluating, training and disciplining staff as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Content Verticals Include: News & Public Affairs, Arts & Culture, History & Heritage, Youth Focused
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field; at least five years of radio management experience; at least five years of news/journalism experience; and strong communication and management skills.
Additional preferred experience includes an advanced degree in a related field; experience working within FCC standards and requirements; and familiarity with Public Broadcasting’s national programming services (PBS, NPR, PRI, etc.).
Located in the Southern Tier of New York State and neighboring the New York Finger Lakes wine region, WSKG is a short drive from New York City. The organization has experienced steady revenue and membership growth over the last five years and has recently reorganized into Content Verticals solidifying its focus on content development. WSKG is looking for the right individual to join senior leadership in its pursuit of innovation and excellence, and to help shape the future of public media.
To learn more about WSKG, please visit www.wskg.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
WSKG is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Interested candidates should send a cover letter (with referral source noted), resume and a list of three professional references at Livingston Associates’ NEW online application system.
Application portal link: APPLY NOW
You may also cut-n-paste the URL into your browser: http://jobvite.com/m?3joB0gw3
If selected for an interview, finalists may be asked to send audio and/or reporting samples.
For full consideration apply by Monday, September 23rd, 2013.
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates at (410) 243-1974.