Everything was handled professionally and the knowledge and expertise of the staff were evident and extremely helpful. The interviews of the board and senior staff beforehand helped to instill confidence in Tom and really set the tone for the entire process.
- Tracy McFerrin Foster
- Board Chair, Kansas City Public Television
- Vice President, Hall Family Foundation
A consistent comment from our search committee members was the high quality of the semi-finalists...and the outstanding research and preparation provided by your professional team.
- Geoffrey Simon
- Search Chair
- WEDU-TV, Tampa, FL
Director, Arts & Culture Content Development and Television Operations & Programming
WSKG - Vestal, NY
WSKG Public Broadcasting seeks an individual to oversee Arts & Culture content development and Arts & Culture programming on radio, television and the web, and to oversee Television Operations & Programming, all in fulfillment of the station’s mission.
WSKG is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Oversee all Arts & Culture content development and programming for WSKG.
- Manage Arts & Culture Content Development Department staff.
- Work collaboratively with other Directors of Content Verticals* to achieve highest level of impact and return on all local content production.
- Overseeing television programming in consultation with the other Content Vertical Directors.
- Oversee Arts & Culture Content Development and Television Operations & Programming budgets.
- Maintaining consistent and high level of quality and style for all television broadcasts.
- Ensuring that all television content and airtime complies with FCC regulations and licensing requirements.
- Participate in WSKG fundraising activities.
- Professionally represent WSKG in the community.
- Hire, evaluate, train and discipline staff as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Content Verticals Include: News & Public Affairs, Arts & Culture, History & Heritage, Youth Focused
Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Communications, or related field; at least five years of television production experience; at least five years of management experience; and strong communication skills and management skills.
Additional preferred experience includes an advanced degree in a related field; experience working within FCC standards and requirements; and familiarity with Public Broadcasting’s national programming services (PBS, NPR, PRI, etc.).
Located in the Southern Tier of New York State and neighboring the New York Finger Lakes wine region, WSKG is a short drive from New York City. The organization has experienced steady revenue and membership growth over the last five years and has recently reorganized into Content Verticals solidifying its focus on content development. WSKG is looking for the right individual to join senior leadership in its pursuit of innovation and excellence, and to help shape the future of public media.
To learn more about WSKG, please visit www.wskg.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
WSKG is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Interested candidates should send a cover letter (with referral source noted), resume and a list of three professional references at Livingston Associates’ NEW online application system.
Application portal link: APPLY NOW
You may also cut-n-paste the URL into your browser: http://jobvite.com/m?3coB0gwW
For full consideration apply by Monday, September 23rd, 2013.
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates at (410) 243-1974.